Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Scrabble Wars

"36 points? You're kidding! Mom, you sure you counted right?"
"I'm sure."
"Here...have somemore wine."
"My glass is full, and it's your turn......"
"OK, OK. I got nothin' but garbage to work with here."
"Kelly! Fuckit is not a word!"
"Yeah it is."
"No it's not. Here's the dictionary.....show me....."
"Fine! Give me a minute."
"Take your time."
"You dating anybody lately?"
"Maybe."
"Why? Men are all such assholes, and you're too old for sex anyway. So, why bother?"
"I'm not too old for....."
"Gross......Ma!"
"Well, you brought it up."
"I'm just gonna trade in my tiles...you go."
"T R A P......seven points. How are you and Tim doing?"
"He is such a pain in my ass!"
"You two still fighting a lot?"
"Kinda. He's moving in in March."
"What????"
"Yeah, well, gotta see if we can live together first."
"But you said......."
"Is forplay OK?"
"What????"
"F O R P L A Y.....Ma. The word forplay."
"That's not how you spell it!"
"Yeah well, it uses up all seven of my tiles. Gives me bonus points."
"Where'd you put the wine bottle?"

3 comments:

Luke Leger said...

Scrabble! Fun! What a great game, and a great conversation starter as well, so it seems. Nice job, feels like a very energized dialog.

Koya Moon said...

great job

Imprimatur said...

Your dialog is improving! Keep at it! Very engaging and reminds me of conversations I would have with my dad...although, we'd most likely not be playing scrabble (not that I don't like playing scrabble but playing it with dad would be a little weird) We'd be playing or guitars instead (spanking our basses and making love to our strings)