Tuesday, November 25, 2008

<<<< another >>>>

(I wrote this dialogue in September. An imaginary conversation between the musician Mike Patton and a fan. They speak through a special box...not quite a phone...more telepathic in nature)

He had a watch box, ready for dialogue transmission. He sat in a confused and quiet hotel room in Berlin, turkey and swiss in one hand, his feet in a little plastic tub full of hot water and epsom salt...they were feeling more aged than ever, sore from bouncing and hopping on the stages of so many different countries. His watch box sat on the hotel side table next to binders of songs he was constantly working on...he sat on the edge of the low bed and began to speak:

*MIke Patton : here to rock it

girl: i saw a guru die today

MP: and ?

girl: don't judge, it was the look in his eyes. the non look, when they rolled back in his head

MP: it all happened, how quick?

girl: i don't know..probably seconds. his speech slurred, his microphone dropped to his lap

MP: he lifted his arms to the sky?

girl: he didn't Mike, his shoulders rose then sunk to the core of him. and he really only had taken one small breath that his body didn't recognize before he exhaled for the last time

MP: oh man..shit

girl: I don't even know what he said. what he was teaching to the crowd

MP: you think he knew it would happen?

girl: I definitely think so. he had woken early that day, and had his meal set aside, away from him....

MP: wasn't hungry

girl: not hungry for it, not that day

MP: so when was this? was ...

girl: he'd always thought of god as just a simple molecule of water. just fluid. that might be sitting atop a branch.

MP: what did he feel, then? about god as he passed away...

girl: i think he touched that dewy place. that dew drop. i had a friend. a friend who died three years back. hit by a semi...and she died instantly. well, she came to me in dreams a lot, there for a few months. i'd been going into lucidity often at that point in time. in my dreams. i was studying it day in and day out, going lucid in naps, when i should've been in class. I traveled alongside Marco Polo, and swam with families of whales, flew alongside Pegasus, wished a rich man into wealth of the heart, and a poor man food, to give him strength to heal the world. But my childhood friend, the one that died...in one of the dreams i found her. her name was Nora. i saw her drenched in light, she was smiling. in previous dreams she'd been as a skull, that jabbered nonsense. set within a room made of shadows. her skull and I carried on conversations off and on, for days. i knew it was all superficial stuff, just Earthly things she needed to get off her chest, but never had a chance to, since she'd died so suddenly.I think at one point she'd said to me, "they just didn't understand me. where were the friend's when i needed them?" And although the sight of the skull had quite an intense frightening affect on me, I wanted to be there for her, to listen openly and respond with supportive words. I kept my eyes facing hers, trying to picture eyeballs occupying the now gaping holes of bone. I kept in mind, that soon she'd be whole again. her spirit having found the place of nonresistance after toiling within the constriction of a human body. I honored her in those dark moments, knowing she'd pull through, and eventually have something to teach me. when that night came, where i dreamed of her as a smiling happy healthy girl again. she faced me and stood there silent, a gorgeous smile. I was lucid and very present with her. we were in our own special...world....moment....however you want to describe it. we were complete, and together. she just as alive as I, and I as alive as she. we were like the children we grew up as, together in our old neighborhood, except had the wisdom of all Ages within our spirits. I thought to myself, what I can do is ask her something, anything. she's on the "other side" now. so i said, "Nora? what is heaven like?" she stood firm yet relaxed, and said merrily..."they LOVE water." A vision of people splashing in luminescent pools of water, droplets flashing across of the screen of my mind, forming a joyful and confirming Oneness. I thanked her and then she vanished. I haven't found her since, in any dream. But I can see her now, in those pools playing and splashing her feet.

MP: the guru went straight to the dew drop. he went past the darkness\the jabbering skull that tries to find closure...he went straight to the water

girl: he had been playing and splashing around for years. and he was a teacher in this Earthly life, to others, on how to be happy and live life in joy and fearlessness...

MP: i got a nudge that he was really just trying to be a good man

girl: he did. he lived what he preached. and the transition from this life to the next was like a thread just extending a little bit further into the garment he'd worn for so long. i think he was just safely placed onto the next page.

MP: my feet are turning to prunes. hold on, gotta dump this water. and find my slippers

the girl waited until he returned

girl: how's the tour going?

MP: well, this is a good round so far. once i'm on stage, i turn the music to the crowd you know? so , i'm not that completely aware of my body. but lately, i'm feeling it afterward. maybe i'm just gettin too old for this. i'm taking care too just focus on my body more, now that i have to.

girl: well, glad you're still out there making music happen. it's making a lot of people feel pretty damn happy. and inspired

MP: talk to you next time then?? maybe....whenever you're back on the watch box???

girl: most def.

MP : take care. signing off . peace, love, all that


*mike patton is in no shape or form associated with or responsible for, in the reality of this world, the words i put into his mouth.

4 comments:

flutterby said...

"he went straight to the dew drop.....straight to the water" Beautiful. The Pisces in me plans to leave this world the same way.

Koya Moon said...

Katie G, That brought back many memories of our childhood playmate Katherine Nora Beatty. And I knew you had some weird dreams about her after she died. This story puts it all in perspective. To tie it into the death of a guru is genius! Love the way you work. So glad we've got this forum: DITALINI PRESS ROCKS!

Koya Moon said...

p.s. Katie, It's Eva. I didn't know I was signed in as you. SORRY

Koya Moon said...

I love you Kathy!!! WE MISS YOU. Happy Thanksgiving darling! - kt