Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm sorry: I hate holidays...

Thanksgiving
Here we go.
Another holiday when grandma pulls me aside and says
No, take that ring off and
Keep it in your pocket!
Sure
Grandma
If you’re ashamed of me.
Violence brewing deep as
I fight the hurt of no acceptance.
No one realizes I love her and she loves me.
Guess this is one of those few times a year I have 6 grand in my wallet.


Three years and
Here we are.
Another holiday with
No friends, they all went home. Family
Kept from us because of my decision to move.
So much for a big dinner. Looks like we will
Go to McDonalds before they close
Instead of eating grandpa’s turkey and mom’s pumpkin pie.
Voluntarily
I came here
Not knowing
God wanted us to be alone.


There she went, as fast as she came.
Hard for her to stay in one place too long.
Always she suffers
Never explaining why as she
Keeps the
Secrets
Given her
In
Violence, given her
In
Narcissistic
Gore as he gobbled and gobbled her innocence away.


Thinking of what keeps me sane
Her
And I keep her sane
Not a scrap of sanity in either of us
Knowing this
She might not think the same
Going by her own
Isolation that she is
Very protective of.
I’m that way too.
Not a scrap of us
Grows without the other.

3 comments:

flutterby said...

I hate that people feel disappointed in us and then we take on the guilt for their ignorance. Turkey and gravy always here at our table for you and the ones you love.
Painfully, but nicely done!

SEK8 said...

Thanks for sharing this, very potent.

Jeffrey James Ircink said...

this is very painful. well written but painful. holidays can a great time of sadness for some. i think it's good to get "it" out (whatever that is) and do it in a creative way. cathartic.

still need your email... :)