Thursday, November 20, 2008

forevermore, thank you

Though I have never really thought about it in the past
Here I sit pondering these things that have happened in my life
Amidst the tragedies and challenges that have happened and are yet to come
No one in my life has stood as strong as you have by my side
Knowing you and sharing life's most precious gifts and great rewards
Seeing our world change mostly for the better and sometimes for the worse
Gives me a sense of wonder and weakens my innate fear of the unknown
Imagination has not trumped reality and happiness has overwhelmed doubt
Visions of the future can not help but predicate the inevitable changes
I can only pray that these moments will be instilled in my memory forevermore
Nevertheless, I hope to never take these things for granted & say thank you for
Giving me these priceless treasures that I could not have imagined years ago

5 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

Luke! "Happiness has overwhelmed doubt" - such a beautiful phrase, such a beautiful quote - this is how I aspire to live my life . . .

This poem is breathtaking!

flutterby said...

OK ...I'm going to pass on this assignment. You guys are just too amazing. I was going to break the rules and just write something stupid. No way now....WOW

Jeffrey James Ircink said...

i too have pondered the tragedies in my life - as well as the fond memories. life is short. pondering is underrated.

Koya Moon said...

again...tears you've induced to mine eyes!

Imprimatur said...

Finally, we meet a true realist! Hard to find and exceptionally hard to capture this well.