Wednesday, January 21, 2009

what was I thinking pre=post

What was I thinking when I decided teaching English was a fantastic idea? There is nothing like having 41 (yes that's how many students are in my 9th grade floating block--and that's just one class!) pairs of shoes trampling on you for an entire 98 minutes! My post will come this weekend but I just had to scream...WHAT WAS I THINKING...before I go figure out how to address these multiple issues tomorrow instead of actually teaching what I planned. Instead, I must teach them what they should already know about respect, etc. I can't change the world but I sure can control mine!

5 comments:

Koya Moon said...

you have my utmost respect!

flutterby said...

After watching the movie Freedom Writers last weekend, I feel your pain!

Eva Marie Sutter said...

I hope you are rewarded for your challenging work!

Rudy said...

kick some juvey asss

Dad

Luke Leger said...

I can't say I know what you are going through, but I tried substitute teaching for a couple of months and decided it was not for me. You have my respect.