Saturday, January 31, 2009

Meditation - Peace Pod



"There comes a time in the seeker's life when he discovers he is at once the lover and the beloved."
-Sri Chinmoy



I closed my eyes to rest. I began sensing a new surrounding, my bedroom slowly melted away from around me, and from beneath me. I saw my body being set within a pod, like one that might encase giant peas...
There were delicate blossoms on the edges that floated and danced along to a distant rhythm, kept by the spontaneous nature all around me. Vibrant blue and white lights formed within the face of every flower, those that bloomed and flourished, hundreds against the wind.
I was gently pushed out to sea by someone standing on the coast...he watched as the blossoms on the pod began to grow wildly and wrap themselves all around my body, as I lay still, feeling the motion of the gentle water that drew me further into the ocean.
I slowly lost all consciousness, the reality that once claimed my mind. It felt something like the Spirit of Beauty entering through every cell and radiating back outward, shining light onto dark places. I was something new. I received and distributed light from every possible angle. I followed the every movement of the cosmos, and placed intent on everything, anywhere, simultaneously. A harmony revealed from the salty air lifted melodies from the ocean, whisking them into the sky. I orchestrated as I listened.
I folded outward and inward so purely that the rays of the sun melted the pod away, and I was just one single, and giant, waterblossom. I watch from above, as I create from within, a fast growing cluster of magnificent spindly flowers. Petals that reach and caress the water. My center is of a sweet nectar, yet invisible. It is an infinite pool of creation and destruction ... a circle of Oneness and never ending. An unstoppable movement and ultimate stillness.
The air rocks the larger petals of my body, they are speckled with light blue dots that when connected, reveal a map of the window into the cosmos as it is, as it always has been and always will be.
I contemplate text being written in the sky, and listen as someone speaks it forth, across the ocean. "The searchlight has found me and illuminates my world. It births me again and again in endless simple whispers akin to the sisterhood of sea and sun, Love and peace."

5 comments:

Eva Marie Sutter said...

This is bursting with color and rhythm and symbolism of the highest order! SHE is our contemporary myth creator......Katie G! p.s. this moving mandala is cool. What was the original image before you kaleidoscoped it?

Aunt Sue said...

Dear Katie,
For some reason the tune of 'Life is a Highway' whirls through my mind as I re-read your post. Perhaps it should be 'Life is a Paradoxical Highway' as I read here of light/dark, outward/inward, movement/stillness . . .

Love everything here, and have a re-newed reverence for all nature, especially flowers. Reminds me of Eva's delightful six-word. Covered in pink blossoms, indeed!

Love the very idea of read-aloud sky-text, especially pronouncing the "sisterhood of the sea . . ." Like Flutterby's feminine 'Mother Ocean' . . .

Koya Moon said...

Thanks you guys. Your comments are so nice. Eva, the flower image was actually created from my drawing "Spirit of Christmas". You can view it here.
Isn't that neat what can be created??! I'm totally addicted now.

Aunt Sue said...

Okay, please illustrate this as a picture book for the little ones!

I had a magical kaleidoscope when I was very little. It was filled with colorful 'gems' in floating clear goo, no harsh edges. Where is it now?

I love that the hands you drew became the blossoms - ultimate symbology!

Koya Moon said...

I'm so glad you picked up on that Aunt Sue. Such an observer you are...I wanted the hands in the illustration I drew to become the essence of the flower petals...

Thanks to the program, Kaleider