Saturday, January 31, 2009

PEACE PLACE

It is time to create a place in time
A place of no-time-ness
A place where tomorrow hasn’t come
And it’s not yesterday
Where all ages sing and dance
All happily at play
Where our great-great-grandparents gather
To show they still exist
And our children’s children show with their own
Young ones for a current glimpse

Come now let’s make the choice to meet here
This present dwelling space
Find open-hearted welcome
In this sacred peaceful place
Where visible love and joy manifest
No need of hurry, no need of rest
Where music flows, words glow
As each becomes a friend to know

A place where no one’s ever lost or fallen
And certainly not abandoned
Where hope is nourished
And despair is stranded
Where misunderstandings disappear
When gratitude is near
Where loneliness cannot survive
When bright connections thrive
Where stops the weeping caused by fears
And only laughter causes tears

2 comments:

flutterby said...

I knew it was you Sue the minute I began to read. I love the idea of future and past generations existing in a timeless place of peace and harmony. This one will stay with me for a long time. I will print it and keep it posted to enjoy again and again and remind me that there is hope for peace. Thank you

Eva Marie Sutter said...

"Come now let’s make the choice to meet here"....
With this poem, with this invitation, you've reminded me that I can and should live in this present peace place you speak of. Thanks Aunt Sue!