Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Highway

I chose the highway-
when I first started my journey
there was no store to stop
at for directions
no itinerary
no destination
other than leaving for good.
in the beginning
I had to keep up my speed
to keep from veering
off the road
or turning back
out of fear.
the construction delays
slowed me down
but had their purpose.
the highway continues to roll
out in front of me,
sometimes it's uphill-
but most of the time
I roll along
humming along with the music
thinking of MY WAY
occasionally
glad I chose the highway

2 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

On first reading, I read 'leaving for good' as in 'leaving permanently'. Re-reading, I saw 'leaving for good' in a positive light as in 'leaving for good, better, best'.

nlitend said...

and now that is the way I see it, as well...I could smother this group with poems, but that would be selfish, so I will write within the "lines". LOL