Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A MUST READ! New widget and other important matters...

Aunt Sue had a great suggestion. To create a list of past assignments so that newer members can have a chance to partake in them. I have created a widget just for this purpose. It will be a static feature, so should be available to click on from any page (if I did it correctly :0)
The widget is named "Never Too Late". Look for it. I'd love feedback. I'm working on re-organizing a bunch of things here, it's taking a toll on me mentally (it's currently impossible to navigate to any one member's work at the click of a button, or any one particular topic and the posts correlating to it) But I'm working on flipping that impossibility on its head. There are a lot of things I want to do. Some of them I'm not sure I'll ever be able to execute, but one thing is for sure: I'm beginning to utilize the Blogger 'labels' feature to our advantage. I want to eventually have links to each member's work. (yes, you'd be able to pick and choose which 'stories' you want featured, and those that you'd rather keep hidden in the dark musty cave of the archives tabs)
Do you all like this idea? There's no rush, we've got time on our side here, I just am curious.
But be considering, what rendition of your names would you want to be featured? It might be wisest to stay consistent with our 'user names', i.e. K.Grace, Aunt Sue, luke, Flutterby...

We could even create Bio pages for each of us that would be featured along with our collection of writing. With a pic, why we love Dit Press, our favorite assignment thus far, etc...

Oh my. I need to sleep. It's 4 AM .... I'm not joking I haven't slept yet. Hah!

3 comments:

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Woah! This is so cool! You have to show me how you did this. I clicked on the topic and it took me right to it! I love the idea of creating little biographies and linking our work to labels! This is so exciting for our blog/writing. You're always on the cutting edge. I'm reading K.Grace Bears blog next. Love You.

flutterby said...

The labels are great. I need to use some of these ideas in my own Blog sites. Thanks for all your hard work.

Luke Leger said...

I love what you've done, and I love what you are planning to do! Let me know if you want me to help with anything.