Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day One - Better get my ears back


Left for Chicago two nights ago and was running late. Ended up making up for time with the ease of traffic, and a little too much lead in the feet. When I got to the gig, two of the night managers of the joint were waiting for me in the back...told me to set up the equipment as fast as possible, that the band scheduled for 10pm never showed. What the hell? How does that happen?

Anyway, one of the managers Tim, was drunk off his ass. Supposedly had gotten called into work to help straighten out the mess, had already begun his nightly boozing. He was of no use. The other bro, Patrick, was kind enough but still wouldn't assist me with the amps. My van was full, needed unloading immediately. I hadn't even eaten yet. I needed the band with me. I called the lead singer, Chris, and told em what was going on. Said they were on their way as soon as possible. I guess Tina and Roger were fighting, as so naturally...revealed in the name of their band ... "Pushing Roger"

I told em to buck up and get their asses to the club. They wouldn't have time to eat, or shit before they went on.

I'm now writing. Can't even hear the pencil on the paper my ears are so shot. I left my MacRiven earplugs at home...and the fluff I used in replace, I think caused more damage. It's as if the whole piece flung the vibrations of sound right into the core of my eardrums. I can't hear for shit. No point in falling asleep to music tonight.

1 comment:

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Very convincing. I like "Pushing Roger! ha!"