Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dear Diary February 28, 2009 #6, #7


Dear Diary,
10:00 AM So, I've started meditating. Phil's influence. It seems as if from time to time, as I'm sitting, I slip into a space where I'm not aware of anything in particular, but aware of everything in general. Its delicious. It wasn't so at first, I was only aware of my body and its discomfort. But how did it get so ossified? Did my rigid mind make my body hard? Or was it my stiff body that produced an inflexible mind? Yoga, too has helped me expand and open.
I'm not powering my way through life anymore. I'm starting to get what I want, revelations come with a gentle asking. I'm more interested in what's going on.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed, we would see everything as it is, infinite." -William Blake

6:00 PM As a Quantum Physicist, I've been preoccupied with studying the material world outside myself. Since my infancy, this has been my tendency. Strangely, though, and just recently, I feel this Rishi side of myself insisting on having more of a voice, wanting to explore the landscape inside myself and with fervent fascination. I'm having(participating in?) intuitive insights, experiencing interconnectedness, unity, creation, destruction, manifestation, on the inner. All things I have also observed, as a scientist, on the outer. I cannot ever underestimate the value of those rare and special friends in my life.

1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

Congrats for getting in seven diary entries! Loved the entire series, I'll have to look up 'Rishi'! Now, can you explain what changes might I encounter now that I make my nines in one spiral motion?