Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 25, 2009 Dear Diary #5


Lunched with Phil again today. He laughed when I told him about me manifesting a freakishly long eyelash. It inspired him to tell me about an experiment in manifestation he did with blintzes, his favorite dessert. He told me there are certain ways we can get things into our lives that we desire. The first way is if we want something, we go out and get it. When he wanted blintzes, he went to the grocery store and bought some. The second way to bring something into our life, he explained, is to have someone go and get it for us. He would send his son to the store to buy him some blintzes. For the third way to bring blitzes into his life, he would close his eyes, focus on the blintzes, and then his wife, out of the blue, would offer to make them for him, or some other synchronicity like this would usually take place. The fourth way, and the way that he is fascinated with now is that he has the thought of a blintz, and it materializes instantaneously before him.* Is he kidding me or what? When I asked him how in the world he accomplished this, he said through meditation. He told me about his daily meditation practice where he plants the seeds of manifestation by participating with the infinite and having a sense of knowing, more specifically, a sense of knowing blintzes would show up in his life, and they always do. Is this black magic or something? Phil suggested I drop my obsession with the observer/observed question and focus on being a "participator" for insights of real value. Food for thought.

*inspired from a conversation between Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra

4 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

Eva, Your entry reminds me of a 'manifestation' co-incidence. At the grocery store I made a mental note when I saw the bagged roasted salted sunnies on a bottom shelf of the produce dept. We used to enjoy them on salads, but hadn't bought any in good long while, maybe a year or more. I wandered on to another aisle while hubby finished choosing produce. When he caught up with me, I glanced in the cart to see a bag of sunnies! What! Could my mental 'note' have sounded a 'tone' that he picked up on? Are thoughts in some way tangible?

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Cool Aunt Sue!

Aunt Sue said...

On re-reading (which I always do!) I think my experience most closely resembles example #3.

It happened again today when before leaving the house, I happened to note the two copies of 'Journey's Out of the Body' by Robert Monroe on my shelf, thinking I should give one away . . . Stopped for a look around Jewel Box Antiques for the first time and there was another copy - so JOOTB by RM up for grabs! Anyone?

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Coincidence? I think not!