Saturday, February 21, 2009

February 21, 2009 Dear Diary #2



When I was little I envied my cousin and sister their lush fray of long, gorgeous eyelashes.
Well, about three months ago, I grew one very long lash. It was blond and curled upward. Finally! Thank you God! Note to self: be careful what you wish for. These wishes are fulfilled.
Anyway, last week, I couldn't sleep because something was irritating my eye and surprise! It was my long lash curled up under my upper lid. Trying to manhandle it, it fell out. There it was, between my fingers. I had grown it myself with my will, with my desire. Sure, it was blond and there was just one, but it gave me great joy to slather mascara on my left eyelashes and see my freakish blond lash turn black and tower double the height over the others. And darn it! I lost that lash! I dropped it. I wanted to save it.
Just how do desires organize the photons and subatomic particles around me? There are desires manifesting, materializing, all around me and as a quantum physicist shouldn't I be able to explain this? I must ask Phil what he thinks.

No comments: