Thursday, February 12, 2009

First day on the job

Well, my first day was really quite uneventful, which I should have expected since I got there so late in the day. An orientation of sorts, I guess I would call it. It turns out that I was nervous for nothing, but I'm glad it's over with. I never dreamed that I would have a job as a farm hand! The only farm I’ve ever been to is when I went to Knott’s Berry Farm when I was a kid. I have a feeling this is going to be a little bit different. But, times are tough, and I should feel lucky to even have a job.
Today, Mr. & Mrs. Shepherd basically just showed me around the farm and got me acquainted with the animals, some of their mannerisms, where they eat, sleep, etc. They really are quite a bit larger than I expected them to be. They are very intimidating, being around them will definitely take some getting used to. After the "tour" Mrs. Shepherd invited me inside and made me the best omelet I have ever eaten. Mr. Shepherd told me to go home and get some rest because tomorrow the real work will begin. Now I'm nervous. Tally ho!

3 comments:

flutterby said...

This should be interesting as I come from the farm country of Southern Wisconsin. I'll check your accuracy regarding farm work LOL Look out for that mean rooster.

Luke Leger said...

The pressure is on!

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Luke, don't tell me the "real work" is animal rendering? Can't wait for the next diary entry!