Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dear Diary February 22, 2009 #3 and #4



10:00 am: Wondering whether I should watch the Oscars tonight or not. The only movie I saw of the bunch was the Werner Herzog documentary on Antarctica. Saw him on YouTube eat a leather boot. Ha. Read a quote by Heisenberg, "What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning." Thinking maybe even geometry faulty. Does it really find measurable forms in nature or does it make nature fit into its forms? And time just seeming more like a collective agreement by everyone in our society.
7:00 pm: Decided to watch the Oscars. But just to keep my math skills from getting rusty. Predicting the winners with algorithm analysis. Beginning to think that maybe poets are our best scientists?

2 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

And does a particular vantage point make a difference in what we observe?

Very cool!

Eva Marie Sutter said...

I think so, Aunt Sue. Personally, I want to form new vantage points, ones that open myself to to the surprises and wonders that are happening around me all the time.