Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have always been here

In the immense heat of stars
I was formed long ago.

I was carried in the womb of evolution
of the earth
and of the great family of life here.

A billion voices
sang for billions of years
and I was harmonized.

I am a human being.
I am the eyes of the universe opened.
I am the universe conscious of itself.

We have looked deep into the heavens,
deep into our past.
And deep into ourselves
to where resides the most fundamental.

There is a story told there -

You are nothing, if not everything.
And you have always been here.

6 comments:

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Love it!!!! Bravo!

flutterby said...

"I am the eyes of the universe opened" Says it all. Nice job

Koya Moon said...

oooo! i got chills! great one, i love it! it struck a definite chord within.

Luke Leger said...

Wonderful post.

weakknees@gbpackersfan.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeff ircink said...

i like.