Saturday, February 6, 2010

Copping A Plea

I must say that when this months topic was posted, I shuddered at the very thought of writing about a subject which totally confuses me. I had intended to simply blow it off, after all, February is a short month and one could easily miss the posting deadline. Then out of no where my special muse (yes, you, Susan) inspired me to take on the project with my usual cynical, sarcastic, irreverence rather than puzzle over it's seriousness.

Ah.....the thought of having lived one or more past lives truly terrifies me. After all, I have barely stumbled my way through this life making one wrong choice after another. Doesn't seem like I've learned much from all that experience. If in fact I have gone around this block before, than surely I am an old soul and this is my last run at it all. I'm simply too tired to do this again. Just between you and me, I get the feeling that no matter how many times I do this, I am never going to get it right!

On the other hand there is another theory out there drifting along the edges of quantum physics, and it intrigues me. What if instead of past lives, we were actually living several life experiences, at the same time only in different dimensions. Each life experience based on the choices we make within that dimension. Like those juvenile novels which give the reader the opportunity to change the story by answering a simple question at the end of each chapter. "If you think Jane would steal the locket, turn to page 33 and continue. If you think Jane puts the locket back, turn to page 29."

What a grand idea! Somewhere out there I'm living a truly blessed life because I've made all the right choices. Somewhere I got it all right! Now I don't have to feel quite so bad about the dumb mistakes I make here. One thing is certain. If I get to choose, I'm going to plea bargain for plan "B, (alternate dimensions) instead of plan "A" (past lives.) Why? Because plan "B" offers me a life sentence served concurrently! Now that's a deal in any courtroom.

3 comments:

J Power said...

Ha! I enjoyed your post. In some universe I grew up tall and did not become an over-compensator like I did in this reality.

Eva Marie Sutter said...

What a good plea packed with a lot of sense. You're so so fresh Sandy!

Luke Leger said...

I've been thinking about alternate universes, different dimentions, and timelines a lot lately. It's interesting to think how the smallest decision could send someone's life in a completely different direction. Good post.