Wednesday, December 3, 2008

10-minute play makes Semi-Finals in Sydney!

(Am I allowed to make random posts like this?)

Since this is a writer's group, thought you'd appreciate my news (particularly if you don't follow my blog, PASSION = TRUTH). My short play, "The Bed", was shortlisted for Short & Sweet/Sydney, the biggest little play festival in the world. 1000 entries whittled down to 300. They'll whittle further by December 15 - down to the finals which will be performed in Sydney over a month period, mid-January. 2009 to mid February. Had one in the semi's last year as well but that's as far as it got.

Here's my blog link on the news. If you're interested in reading, "The Bed", let me know and I'll get it to you. It's only 10 minutes. It concerns an elderly man's introspective look back at the various stages of his life - and the significance of his bed in each stage. No dialogue - all first-person narration.

3 comments:

Koya Moon said...

Yes you definitely should post great news like this! Congratulations Jeff, it's time to celebrate! If those wacky Aussies don't pick your play they don't have a darn clue what's comin ...

Jeffrey James Ircink said...

i agree...those bastard, indentured servants! you read "The Bed", right? sorry - i forget. you've been such a great "ear" for me, katie. very, very appreciative, but you already know that. :)

Koya Moon said...

:) Email it on over. I'm still working on Chromosome 21 ...

p.s. - I'll stick a Didgeridoo in their necks! And make them eat minced dingo pups.