Monday, July 12, 2010

The Winds' Secret


The wind whispers, "I know a secret", and the supple branches of the trees bend to hear. The leaves quivering in anticipation. Even the robin stretches from her nest hoping to catch the words of the wind.

The daisy tosses her lovely head impatiently, "Tell us the news. Oh please tell us! Are there lovers coming to pluck me so that I may answer their foolish questions? She loves me.
She loves me not. I would gladly give myself for love."

The thistle bristles and sends it's seeds soaring on the breeze, straining to hear. "Will my seeds find root in the soil and become purple with splendor like myself? That's no secret, for I am strong and sure in my survival."

The creek bubbles with excitement. It has always loved secrets and the joy that comes from babbling them as it winds through the wooded community. "Tell me wind and I will spread the news."

The wind breathes gently and shares its secret. "Someone comes today to our woods. A person seeking peace and comfort and perhaps answers to problems they cannot solve out there in their concrete prisons. Tell all to prepare the way for them. Show them your beauty, give them the escape that only we can provide. Cushion their steps, quench their thirst, dazzle their eyes with heavenly visions. Send them on their way with renewed hope. "

Entering the woods, my soul rejoices.


3 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

Yes!

Eva Marie Sutter said...

You've done it again, Flutterby! You really did become a messenger for Nature.

Luke Leger said...

And rejoice it should. Wonderful imagery.