Saturday, July 31, 2010

Prison Walls by Kippy 'Troubles' Treble

Remember all them silver rings?
And all them perdy, flashy thangs?
And all them strings of telephone rings?

And endless nights with him and them?
Was cursin' loud such a sin?
And losin' my temper in a drunken night din?

Ugly prison walls
Barren prison tall
Ain't nothin' like havin' no one at all....

To see all the laughter comin' to an end
Not even a dog to call friend
Tell me honey baby, is it ever gonna end?

Now I see myself so bright
It's only me, myself and I
Searchin' for distraction from my cotton-pickin' plight

Ugly prison walls 
Barren prison tall
Ain't nothin' like havin' no one at all....

Years in prison life I wonder:
How'd I go so far asunder?
All that junk I pillaged and plundered!

All my sass is done and gone
But, Lord!  Now something's come!
I know myself now, honky tonk honey bun.


2 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

Heart-wrenchin', gut-bustin', chart-toppin' . . . shall I go on? Suffice it to say, Kippy 'Troubles' Treble is more than welcome to share all her self-reflectin' tunes here at DP!

Luke Leger said...

This is what country music should be!