Monday, June 1, 2009

Day in, day out

Sunday-Feelings of melancholy and peace ebb and flow like wisps of smoke that I am unable to fully grasp. bluish-grey or slate. Leonard Cohen plays often and without warning.

Monday-Productivity and purpose replaces last night's longing. Pilates with a view of the bay puts mind and body at ease. butter yellow and turquoise. Jamie Lidell's Jim puts a spring in my step. 

Tuesday-List-making and planning dominate my thoughts as they turn from the everyday to what the future holds. chartreuse and lilac. Feist on my ipod. NPR on my radio.

Wednesday-French tutoring in an authentic French brasserie in Los Feliz takes me out of my mundane everyday and into a new world mentally and emotionally. Doubt of my abilities creeps in. brick red with gold. Coconut Records consoles and transports.

Thursday-Thoughts of the weekend and plans with friends take shape. Restless and sometimes lonely. blog posts written and erased in contempt simultaneously. midnight blue and sandstone. Jazz and sultry blues.

Friday-Morning Pilates energizes and leaves me feeling clean and new. Family and friends upstage my inner dialogue. Crisp white and yellow. Nous Non Plus and other uptempo eccentrics set my toes to tapping and my smiles to widen. 

Saturday- Begins sleepy with brunch or ballet stretching. Moves into relaxation and reconnection with friends later on in the afternoon, and ends with impassioned conversations on art, politics, and nostalgia into the night. caramel-colored like a glass of body-warming whisky. Sounds vary from karaoke and raucous laughter to subdued nostalgic songwriters depending on setting and cast of characters. 

2 comments:

Eva Marie Sutter said...

GREAT! I love the colors and sounds. So vivid, its like I lived a week with you.

Koya Moon said...

wow. i'm blown away by how you transported me. excellent ...