Monday, June 1, 2009

In the nick of time! My new theater!

(I've been traveling all but 4 days of the month of May and wanted to contribute to the May topic. I wish this was thought out more precisely, concisely - and I wish I had more time.)

I've received my inheritance in the mail Friday. As I have been traveling most of the month of May I am weary and would much rather not have to bother myself with things as inheritances and the such, but who am I to disrespect my dead relative's wishes?

And so, in accordance with said dead relative, I wish to open an arts center that will dabble in all things we here at Ditalini Press cherish - theater, poetry, painting, sculpture, music, etcetera and so forth. It will be a place where I can submit my own plays (to myself) and approve them for production. It will be a place where Eva and Daniel may submit their paintings, where Katie can submit her poetry, etcetera, etcetera, and I will approve all of it (most of it). We will have public readings and gallery openings and art classes and discussions of all things deemed relevant - for adults and children alike. You, members of Ditalini Press, will sit on the board and WE will help guide Glen Mar Collective (as this venture and venue will be known, named after the rock trio my father performed in) to new heights and aspirations.

This venture will be an expression of US. And it will be good.

3 comments:

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Jeff I'm so happy you contributed even though you've been so busy. What a great idea this creative center/theater!

Koya Moon said...

great idea jeff! love it. hope your traveling adventures are as exciting as they are numerous. see you!

flutterby said...

How simple life would be if we could submit our own creations to ourselves and be accepted, recognized and appreciated. LOL Public opinion be damned. Lets do it!