Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Illumination

Hello everyone. I have not posted here in awhile and so I thought I would offer a poem I composed in February concerning my belief that a sustainable existence with the natural environment and personal growth can both be achieved without one dominating the other. I developed a film around the poem as well which I invite you all to experience. It can be seen at my Youtube channel address which is www.youtube.com/user/joshuacallentown

I hope you all are well.

Illumination

I stood on a rock
in a field of grass and apple trees.
I was called to this spot,
called to stand there
and watch the clouds move
and the limbs
and to sense the earth turning.

I came here for direction,
that I might receive it
and that I might offer it.
What fire will I gift to the world?
What seed for the growing infertile?

I stepped down from the rock
and I was freezing.
I will walk to the creek,
I thought.

I imagined a human being
careful and deliberate
walking through these woods.
Fulfilled without imbalance.
Existence without harm.
With knowledge of the natural world,
its healing powers and abundance.
Communicating with all things.
Genius, green and growing.
Strong, enraptured and naked.
The care and the caretaker.
Concentrating the will toward illumination
and progress alone.

Seeing the water
I sat down and said to myself,
"We can be as beautiful as we want to be."

No comments: