Saturday, October 18, 2008

Decide for Joy

I invited a self-proclaimed ‘Old Soul’ with gifted pen to take a peek at DP to see if she’d like to join. What she saw inspired her to re-start her own blog – ripple effect in motion! Visit Flutterby at www.flutterbysarefree.blogspot.com. Also, I’m posting a poem of long-ago in her honor, some of you may have seen it already. Within moments of composing the line “The ones who greet me now will help decide” Flutterby 'fluttered by' with words of comfort and encouragement. A kindred spirit revealed, synchronicity at its finest. As opposed to Homecoming which I wrote years after the events and had an 'assigned' measure of time to include a sprinkling of wordplay, this poem seemed to write itself at the time with immediacy, only needing the most minor of changes. You all are 'great ones’ . . .

Decide for Joy

And so I face the blackness once again
A result of words and deeds by mortal men
Seeking to destroy the light within
This time those words and deeds will not win
This time the light in me may not be dimmed

So let the dollars from the conversation drop
Soon see all verbal use come to a stop
Let start then all forms of ‘be’ instead of ‘do’
Flowing all possibilities for me of knowing you

And so I face me now but once removed
Burnished anew by those I hold in love
Sparks of faith add to the inner glow
Speak volumes for the words that may not show
Speak volumes for the me I’d have you know

So are the tears of sadness or of joy
Is the hope, new-found, ready to employ
The ones who greet me now will help decide
And great ones who have never left my side

1 comment:

flutterby said...

Wow...Susan...this "old soul" soaks up all your awesome Karma and says...thank you. Were we sisters in some other life?
Flutterby