Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Detective

I know this is a day late, but I felt like I needed to share the Idiom that sticks with me. As he entered the killer’s lair, he was struck by the absurdity of life. Detective Harlow had been at over 400 crime scenes in his life and this was a first. The gristly reminders of the horrors perpetrated by the killer were on every table. Knives, saws, and scalpels littered every surface. As the detective walked to each corner of the room he was greeted by the killer’s handiwork. Fur was stuck to every surface and streaks of tissue reached to the walls at eye level. Harlow turned when one of the crime scene techs called his name. As he approached the man, Harlow could see that he was holding what looked like a take-out menu. He asked what the tech was holding, but the man only shook his head and handed the booklet to Harlow. As he turned the flyer over and looked upon the cover he knew he had found his feline exterminator. The cover simply said,” Joe’s Taxidermy: There’s More Than One Way to Skin a Cat.”

2 comments:

Koya Moon said...

I love this Joshua! Very nice... I love this idiom assignment. It has made me think differently about language for the past few weeks!

Luke Leger said...

I really enjoyed the imagery. I initially suspected a restaurant using cat-meat when there was mention of a take-out menu. Very well done!