Wednesday, October 14, 2009

From Los Angeles to Waterford, WI, then to Waterford, Ireland and back again.

I wanted to apologize for being absent from the blog. My recent move from Los Angeles back to Wisconsin, and then my 12-day trip to Ireland has left me little time to write. That - along with finding work, getting acclimated to the Midwest after 11 years of being away, looking for a place to live...well, you get the picture.

I look forward to contributing to Ditalini Press once again. Such a wonderfully creative outlet, isn't it? In the meantime, if you're interested in reliving my trip to Ireland, bookmark "Good Craic. Welcome to Eire". I'll be updating it regularly. I wanted to put a more artsy, maybe scenic picture up here. But this shot was the one day I wore my kilt. I think it looks good - especially standing in a 15th century castle in Oranmore, Co. Galway, and sipping port in front of a roaring fire. There's plenty of of cool shots on the blog.

The trip was great. My traveling partner is an asshole and I wanted him to O.D. on his medication. Yes - that bad. Katie...wish you had been along with me. We would have had SO much fun...

3 comments:

Eva Marie Sutter said...

You need to send this photo to some kind of travel magazine! What a shot!

Jeffrey James Ircink said...

your profile photo ain't bad either, eva...

Koya Moon said...

That would have been awesome. Cool kilt, man! The castle ain't that bad either!