Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Roped In

It was my own self that roped myself in!
I even composed a song about it after I had the realization entitled, "How low do I rope myself in?"
I thought of it while lying on my mattress covered with holy white sheets.
Then, I lowered ropes down around myself. Yes! It was I, my own self, that roped myself down low!
I thought I needed all of those ropes, but it was a misunderstanding on my part.
You see, I participated in exhausting searches for ancient books encrusted in metallic casings.
Of course, they were encased because they contained some piece of timeless knowledge inside. So I devised an apparatus from a medieval design I found (yes, in an encased book!) and it involved wooden scaffolding, rope, and a dozen people to pull.
If all went well, high on the scaffolding, ropes tugging at the carapace, the book painfully peeled away from the metal and I was left with my object of inspiration.
But the problem from all of this was that I was roping myself in too low and it was my own self that did the roping!

4 comments:

Luke Leger said...

Very good! It really has a dream like feel for me when I read it. Well done, Eva.

khaskoo said...

Good symbology Eva.
Probably something we deal with
at times, as how tangled up
we become over our own doings.
Good Job.

Aunt Sue said...

Yes, roped in, but not tangled! Just ease up on the tension and that book will be yours!

Koya Moon said...

i felt like i was back in time, some medieval realm taunted me as i read it. gave me the spooks at one point! i really felt the tension and compelling pull of the subconscious at work.