Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Literal Idioms

We're back to the drawing board with a new topic for August.  Let's not beat around the bush, it's time to let the cat out of the bag.  I would like you to write a story of an idiom or idioms literally happening.  So, there you have it, the ball is in your court. 

I'm not saying this topic is the best thing since sliced bread, and I don't expect you to start writing at the drop of a hat, but I think this could be fun.  You may not think I'm not playing with a full deck, but there is a method to my madness.  Will this be a piece of cake?  Your guess is as good as mine.

id·i·om
ˈidēəm/
noun
noun: idiom; plural noun: idioms
  1. a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g., rain cats and dogs, see the light ).

No comments: