Saturday, January 29, 2011

Color Resolution !

Having set my New Year's Resolution to be more aware of color - a 'Color Resolution', you might say, I offer this Color IQ Test from x-ritephoto. From the site: "Take this fun and simple on-line color IQ test and learn how you see color. You’ll get more accurate results if you have a calibrated and profiled monitor. Share the color IQ test with your friends and colleagues!"

I took the test 3 times, scoring 77, 92, then 55. (Maybe I need a calibrated and profiled monitor!) What's your score?

P.S. Sorry about that bright green sweater I've been wearing - I forced myself to buy it, for the very fact that it is way, way out of my color-comfort zone!!


7 comments:

Eva Marie Sutter said...

I got a 54! Fun!

Aunt Sue said...

Eva - You beat me by a tone! Good one!

flutterby said...

Believe it or not I scored a 26 but now I have a headache! That was really an odd test.

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Daniel just got an 8!!! I always tell him he sees colors I don't!

Aunt Sue said...

Excellent, Daniel - very Zen-like. "The artist is true to his palette, the palette is true to the artist!"

Koya Moon said...

I guess my regular IQ doesn't allow me to test my color IQ, because I don't even understand what I'm supposed to be doing on this site. How am I supposed to arrange the colors??? In sequential order from lightest to darkest??? Or just pair up the colors? Oh boy I'm confused! Someone help! Hahaha

Eva Marie Sutter said...

Hahaha Katie! The first and last colors on each bar are fixed, just arrange the color squares by value so they transition perfectly into one another.